[Python-Dev] ANN: Release schedule

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:27:24 -0500

> 1. Should I send patches to SF and be quiet until June 30 ?

Yes.  Not too quiet -- helping selecting which old patches are good
would help.  Also downloading patches from SF and commenting on them
(+1/-1) in the patches list would help.

> 2. Should I apply for privileges and spend <big time> installing
>    an SSH client on my box (illegal in France ;), then make my Python
>    way into the SF galaxy ?

Probably no.

> 3. If I volunteer for help with the patches backlog, what do I do ?

Go through the patches archives and review patches.  If you find one
for which you would vote +1 and which you think I might like, submit
it to SF.

> 4. Other options presented to me ?
>
> Context : I (will) have some patches lying around, there are some
> patches of mine on the pile sent to patches@python.org that I'm
> confident about, I have read the FAQ at SF which gave me 0 clues
> on how things are being set up there (only general info about
> who why and what for + terms of service), and I managed to create
> an account with a personal page containing two bookmarks in it
> (after being distracted with personal and project ratings + gobs of
> links to gobs of stuff).

Go to the Python Project Summary, then to the Patch Manager.  At the
top, click on Submit Patch.