[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Lib/curses ascii.py,NONE,1.1 textpad.py,NONE,1.1

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:45:16 -0700

Ka-Ping Yee wrote:

> -- ?!ng
>
> (166 irender improvements since May 1999)

> Although some shots were composited with Sabre, ILM's extensions
> to Discreet Logic's Flame and Inferno software, CompTime was
> the compositing tool for the CG department, according to
> Jeff Yost. First used for one shot in Saving Private Ryan,
> CompTime is based on the studio's long-time scripted system, but
> now boasts a graphical user interface and hooks for plug-ins that
> can be written in Python or C++.

Is it safe to say that "Without Python, Saving Private Ryan would not
have been possible, much less an Oscar winner?"

When George Bush entered office, a Washington Post-ABC News poll found
that 62 percent of Americans "would be willing to give up a few of the
freedoms we have" for the war effort. They have gotten their wish.
	- "This is your bill of rights...on drugs", Harpers, Dec. 1999