[Python-Dev] SF patch manager...

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:06:30 +0200

mal wrote:

> I've received the first round of notification message from the
> patch manager and can't really say that I like them. Ok, I=20
> understand that the patch manager is still alpha or beta software,
> but these messages really don't have any usable content at all:
>=20
> """
> Patch #100646 has been updated.=20
> Visit SourceForge.net for more info.
>=20
> =
http://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=3Ddetailpatch&patch_id=3D100646&group_=
id=3D5470
> """
>=20
> Also, reviewing the patches has become a pain and discussing them
> is nearly impossible (I don't consider the slashdot like comment
> mechanism to be of any use: there's simply no audience for
> discussion).
>=20
> Is there any chance of tee'ing patches from SF to the patches
> list or some other patch discussion and review forum ? I do
> understand that the mechanism can help with patch *checkins*,
> but it's certainly not going to help much with the discussion
> step needed before conidering any actions. The independent
> peer review principal doesn't work with this kind of setup.

I fully agree.

someone really needs to fuse the patch manager with roundup (that
we should use roundup for bug tracking goes without saying...)

how much work would it be to move the entire repository over to
pythonlabs, btw?  sourceforget is frustratingly slow...

</F>