[Python-Dev] Sourceforge Interface Concerns

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:27:12 -0400 (EDT)

    AR> How many people here have actually created accounts for
    AR> themselves on SourceForge and tried to do stuff when logged in
    AR> - raise bugs and so on?  Did it work for you?  We ought to get
    AR> a few data points before making this the way Python is
    AR> managed.

In general SF's web has been fine for me, although it is sometimes
unavailable due to routing problems.  I'm on a fairly reliable DSL
line now, though I don't remember significantly more SF-blamable
problems when I was on a 56K line.

It's often quite slow to do CVS/SSH to SF.  Sometimes I'll have to
spin for several minutes just to do an update or a diff.  That sucks.

-Barry