[Python-Dev] back up & running

Tim Peters tpeters@beopen.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:40:18 -0400

[Vladimir Marangozov]
> I've been disappointed to see that the June 30 intent-date was
> announced, but people keep chewing-gumming about SourceForge
> caveats while the patches backlog grows and the number of closed
> patches stays invariably to 3, of which one is a test!

Absolutely on-target, Vladimir!  The current state of our world is
embarrassing.  Someday when the bosses aren't listening, I'll explain to you
how it got this way <0.9 wink>.

[Trent Mick]
> You can count me as one of the significant bottlenecks here. Tim and
> Guido have accepted some of my patches, I just have to check them in.
> Real Soon Now (tm).

Trent, you are *not* a bottleneck!  You've cooperated with the process (or
lack thereof) every step of the way, and it hasn't even been 12 hours since
I accepted some of your patches.  And the bulk of them are still on my plate
to review.

I don't think we have an actual bottleneck now, but we do have a large
backlog to work off, and people with too many things that need to be done.

perseverance-and-patience-will-probably-work-better-than-their-opposites-ly
    y'rs  - tim