[Python-Dev] Controversial patch (cmath)

Tim Peters tpeters@beopen.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 01:05:32 -0400

[Trent Mick]

> [Tim discusses god awful math details]
> Would you want to foward this to python-list to see if any lurking
> mathematicians might be spurred to action?

God, please no!  This requires a numerical analyst, not a mathematician.
Voting by talented amateurs is only going to make things worse <0.5 wink>.
I was an NA in a previous life, and know what needs to be done to resolve
all this.  But that takes way more time than we have before 2.0b1.  The
patch in question makes life better for the world's only known user of cmath
<ahem>.

may-as-well-ask-c.l.py-to-discuss-python's-version-number<wink>-ly
    y'rs  - tim