[Python-Dev] New PythonLabs site revealed!

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:26:15 -0400 (EDT)

Ka-Ping Yee writes:
 > Will many be spooked by the jump in version number into fearing
 > incompatibility with older scripts...?
 >
 > I wonder if we'll end up trying to persuade the user community that
 > the changes are small ("no, don't worry, your scripts will still
 > work") and yet big ("honest, it really deserves to be called 2.0,
 > it's not just a ploy") at the same time.

Ping,
  Haven't we heard our users complain about the conservative version
numbering a lot?  Pushing to 2.0 allows us to make the next release
2.1, which neither the "never 1.x!" crowd nor the "never x.0!" will
worry about.  Sounds like a good move to me!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member