[Python-Dev] New PythonLabs site revealed!

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 16:08:13 +0200

barry wrote:
>=20
>     FL> btw, now that we're bumping to 2.0, maybe we can break
>     FL> socket.connect and friends once again?  if somebody com-
>     FL> plains, just tell them "it's a major release, dammit" ;-)
>=20
> That's a good point.  A bump in major rev number is an /opportunity/
> to break things, like a bone that hasn't healed right, so that they
> can be fixed correctly.  We'll lose that for 2.0, mostly likely
> because of the tight release schedule.

yeah, but I'm sure Guido has the patches somewhere (after
all, the 1.6 release notes still mention this change).  if not,
the mad patcher volunteers to fix (or rather, break) this.

Guido?

</F>