[Python-Dev] Odd behavior with `make test'

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 20:22:03 +0200 (CEST)

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> make test is behaving strangely.  The first time I ran it I got

On which platform? Linux seems to do fine with most of this.
On AIX (after some hacking related to my previous msg "Oops on AIX",
I managed to compile everything but I'll dump an error log on Trent :-)

> test test_mmap crashed -- exceptions.SyntaxError : inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation

same here

> test test_sre failed -- sre.search
> test test_re failed -- re.search
> test test_strftime crashed -- exceptions.AttributeError : match
> test test_tokenize crashed -- exceptions.AttributeError : compile
> test test_xmllib crashed -- exceptions.AttributeError : compile

same here. I believe Guido & al. are aware as per the checkin msg,
saying that  /F promises to fix this.

But on AIX I get in addition to the above failures:

test test_array failed -- array('b') overflowed assigning -128L

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr