[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Lib ConfigParser.py,1.16,1.17

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 11:50:19 +0200 (IST)

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> It sounds like ConfigParser code and docs could use a general cleanup.
> Are there any other issues to take care of as part of that cleanup?

One thing that bothered me once:

I want to be able to have something like:

[section]
tag = 1
tag = 2

And be able to retrieve ("section", "tag") -> ["1", "2"].
Can be awfully useful for things that make sense several time.
Perhaps there should be two functions, one that reads a single-tag and
one that reads a multi-tag?

File format: I'm sure I'm going to get yelled at, but why don't we
make it XML? Hard to edit, yadda, yadda, but you can easily write a
special purpose widget to edit XConfig (that's what we'll call the DTD)
files.

hopefull-yet-not-naive-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>.