[Python-Dev] FW: Fixing os.popen on Win32 => is the win32pipe stuff going to be adopted?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 15:55:36 +0100

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." wrote:

> Tim Peters writes:
>  > Failing that, the os.popen docs should caution it's "use at your own risk"
>  > under Windows, and that this is directly inherited from MS's popen
>  > implementation.
>
> Tim (& others),
>   Would this additional text be sufficient for the os.popen()
> documentation?
>
>         \strong{Note:} This function behaves unreliably under Windows
>         due to the native implementation of \cfunction{popen()}.
>
>   If someone cares to explain what's weird about it, that might be
> appropriate as well, but I've never used this under Windows.

Ehm, hasn't anyone looked at the code I posted yesterday ?
It goes a long way to deal with these inconsistencies... even
though its not perfect (yet ;).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg