[Python-Dev] Py3K: indirect coupling between raise and exception handler

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:17:56 -0500

> Consider the following snippet of code from MySQLdb.py:

Skip, I'm not familiar with MySQLdb.py, and I have no idea what your
example is about.  From the rest of the message I feel it's not about
MySQLdb at all, but about string formatting, butthe point escapes me
because you never quite show what's in the format string and what
error that gives.  Could you give some examples based on first
principles?  A simple interactive session showing the various errors
would be helpful...