[Python-Dev] Allowing multiple socket maps in asyncore (and asynchat)

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:24:53 -0500

I find asyncore to be quite useful, however, it is currently
geared to having a single main loop. It uses a global socket
map that all asyncore dispatchers register with.

I have an application in which I want to have multiple
socket maps.

I propose that we start moving toward a model in which
selection of a socket map and control of the asyncore loop
is a bit more explicit.

If no one objects, I'll work up some initial patches.

Who should I submit these to? Sam?
Should the medusa public CVS form the basis?

Jim

repeats.