[Python-Dev] None as a keyword / class methods

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 18:15:42 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us wrote:

> See, you can't catch that SyntaxError because it doesn't happen at
> run-time.  Maybe you meant to wrap the try suite in an exec?  Here's a

Huh.  Guess i should have read barry's re-response before i posted mine:

Desperately desiring to redeem myself, and contribute something to the
discussion, i'll settle the class/static method naming quandry with the
obvious alternative:

>  > p.classMethod("hey, cool!")        # also selfless

These should be called buddha methods - no self, samadhi, one with
everything, etc.

There, now i feel better.

:-)

Ken
klm@digicool.com

 A Zen monk walks up to a hotdog vendor and says "make me one with
 everything."

 Ha.  But that's not all.

 He gets the hot dog and pays with a ten.  After several moments
 waiting, he says to the vendor, "i was expecting change", and the
 vendor say, "you of all people should know, change comes from inside."

 That's all.