[Python-Dev] None as a keyword / class methods

Peter Funk pf@artcom-gmbh.de
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 00:23:57 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

> > >     |     try:
> > >     |         del None
> > >     |     except SyntaxError:
> > >     |         pass # Wow running Py3K here!
> >
> > Barry A. Warsaw:
> > > I know how to break your Py3K code: stick None=None some where higher
> > > up :)

Ken Manheimer:
> Huh.  Does anyone really think we're going to catch SyntaxError at
> runtime, ever?  Seems like the code fragment above wouldn't work in the
> first place.

Ouuppps...

Unfortunately I had no chance to test this with Py3K before making a
fool of myself by posting this silly example.  Now I understand what
Barry meant.  So if None really becomes a keyword in Py3K we can be
sure to catch all those imaginary 'del None' statements very quickly.

Regards, Peter
--
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Fax:+49 4222950260
office: +49 421 20419-0 (ArtCom GmbH, Grazer Str.8, D-28359 Bremen)