[Python-Dev] 1.6 job list

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:00:25 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Andrew M. Kuchling wrote:
> Guido van Rossum writes:
> >> Might I suggest moving robotparser.py from Tools/webchecker to Lib?  Modules
> >Deal.  Soon as we get the docs we'll move it to Lib.
>
> What about putting it in a package like 'www' or 'web'?  Packagizing
> the existing library is hard because of backward compatibility, but
> there's no such constraint for new modules.

Or in the "network" package that was suggested a month ago?

And why *can't* we start on repackaging old module? I think the only
reason that somebody came up with to NOT do it was "well, if we don't
repackage the whole thing, then we should repackage nothing."  Which, IMO,
is totally bogus. We'll never get anywhere operating under that principle.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/