[Python-Dev] 1.6 job list

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:16:23 +0200 (IST)

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> OK, that's reasonable.  I'll have to invent a different reason why I
> don't want this -- because I really don't!

Here's a reason: there shouldn't be changes we'll retract later -- we
need to come up with the (more or less) right hierarchy the first time,
or we'll do a lot of work for nothing.

> Hm.  Moving modules requires painful and arcane CVS manipulations that
> can only be done by the few of us here at CNRI -- and I'm the only one
> left who's full time on Python.

Hmmmmm....this is a big problem. Maybe we need to have more people with
access to the CVS?
--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>.
http://www.oreilly.com/news/prescod_0300.html