[Python-Dev] module reorg (was: 1.6 job list)

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 00:20:59 +1100

[Greg writes]
> I'm not even going to attempt to try to
> define a hierarchy for all those modules. I count 137 on my local system.
> Let's say that I *do* try... some are going to end up "forced" rather than
> obeying some obvious grouping. If you do it a chunk at a time, then you
> get the obvious, intuitive groupings. Try for more, and you just bung it
> all up.
> Just because module A is in a package doesn't imply that module B must
> also be in a package.

I agree with Greg - every module will not fit into a package.

But I also agree with Guido - we _should_ attempt to go through the 137
modules and put the ones that fit into logical groupings.  Greg is probably
correct with his selection for "net", but a general evaluation is still a
good thing.  A view of the bigger picture will help to quell debates over
the structure, and only leave us with the squabbles over the exact spelling
:-)

+2 on ... err .... -1 on ... errr - awww - screw that-<grin>-ly,

Mark.