[Python-Dev] Great Renaming? What is the goal?

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 19:59:34 +0200 (IST)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. writes:
>   The library reference is pretty well disorganized at this point.  I
> want to improve that for the 1.6 docs.

Let me just mention where my inspirations came from: shame of shames, it
came from Perl. It's hard to use Perl's organization as is, because it
doesn't (view itself) as a general purpose langauge: so things like CGI.pm
are toplevel, and regex's are part of the syntax. However, there are a lot
of good hints there.

--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>.
http://www.oreilly.com/news/prescod_0300.html