[Python-Dev] Great Renaming - Straw Man 0.2

Mon, 27 Mar 2000 13:52:08 -0600 (CST)

Responding to an early item in this thread and trying to adapt to later
items...

Ping wrote:

    I'm not convinced "mime" needs a separate branch here.  (This is the
    deepest part of the tree, and at three levels small alarm bells went off
    in my head.)

It's not clear that mime should be beneath text/mail.  Moshe moved it up a
level, but not the way I would have done it.  I think the mime stuff still
belongs in a separate mime package.  I wouldn't just sprinkle the modules
under text.  I see two possibilities:

    text>mime
    net>mime

I prefer net>mime, because MIME and its artifacts are used heavily in
networked applications where the content being transferred isn't text.

--
Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/