[Python-Dev] yeah! for Jeremy and Greg

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@cnri.reston.va.us
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 19:18:54 -0500 (EST)

  >> I'm thrilled to see the extended call syntax patches go in!  One
  >> less wart in the language!

  FL> but did he compile before checking in?

Indeed, but not often enough :-).

  FL> ..\Python\compile.c(1225) : error C2065: 'CALL_FUNCTION_STAR' :
  FL> undeclared identifier

  FL> (compile.c and opcode.h both mention this identifier, but nobody
  FL> defines it...  should it be CALL_FUNCTION_VAR, perhaps?)

This was a last minute change of names.  I had previously compiled
under the old names.  The Makefile doesn't describe the dependency
between opcode.h and compile.c.  And the compile.o file I had worked,
because the only change was to the name of a macro.

It's too bad the Makefile doesn't have all the dependencies.  It seems
that it's necessary to do a make clean before checking in a change
that affects many files.

Jeremy