[Python-Dev] Great Renaming? What is the goal?

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:44:31 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> > IMO this subdivision could be discussed and possibly revised.
>
> here's one proposal:
> http://www.pythonware.com/people/fredrik/librarybook-contents.htm

Wow.  I don't think i hardly ever use any of the modules in your
"Commonly Used Modules" category.  Except traceback, from time to
time, but that's really the only one!

Hmm.  I'd arrange things a little differently, though i do like
the category for Data Representation (it should probably go next
to Data Storage though).  I would prefer a separate group for
interpreter-and-development-related things.  The "File Formats"
group seems weak... to me, its contents would better belong in a
"parsing" or "text processing" classification.

urlparse definitely goes with urllib.

These comments are kind of random, i know... maybe i'll try
putting together another grouping if i have any time.

-- ?!ng