[Python-Dev] Unicode compile

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 14:52:02 -0500

I don't know how much memory other people have in their machiens, but
in this machine (128Mb), I get the following trying to compile a CVS
checkout of Python:

gcc  -g -O2 -I./../Include -I.. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c ./unicodedatabase.c
./unicodedatabase.c:53482: virtual memory exhausted

I hope that this is a temporary thing, or we ship the database some
other manner, but I would argue that you should be able to compile
Python on a machine with 32Mb of RAM at MOST.... for an idea of how
much VM this machine has, i have 256Mb of SWAP on top of it.

Chris