[Python-Dev] Pickle diffs anyone?

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 05 May 2000 13:09:34 -0400

Someone recently made a cool proposal for utilizing
diffs to save space taken by old versions in
the Zope object database:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/jim/ZODB/ReverseDiffVersioning

To make this work, we need a good way of diffing pickles.

I thought maybe someone here would have some good suggestions.
I do think that the topic is sort of interesting (for some
definition of "interesting" ;).

The page above is a Wiki page. (Wiki is awesome. If you haven't
seen it before, check out http://joyful.com/zwiki/ZWiki.)
If you are a member of zope.org, you can edit the page directly,
which would be fine with me. :)

Jim

repeats.