[Python-Dev] Pickle diffs anyone?

Fri, 5 May 2000 14:10:24 -0500 (CDT)

    Jim> Someone recently made a cool proposal for utilizing diffs to save
    Jim> space taken by old versions in the Zope object database:

    Jim>   http://www.zope.org/Members/jim/ZODB/ReverseDiffVersioning

    Jim> To make this work, we need a good way of diffing pickles.

Fred already mentioned a candidate library to do diffs.  If that works, the
only other thing I think you'd need to do is guarantee that dicts are
pickled in a consistent fashion, probably by sorting the keys before
enumerating them.

--
Skip Montanaro, skip@mojam.com, http://www.mojam.com/, http://www.musi-cal.com/
"We have become ... the stewards of life's continuity on earth.  We did not