[Python-Dev] OOps (was: No 1.6! (was Re: A REALLY COOL PYTHON FEATURE:))

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Mon, 15 May 2000 03:34:51 -0400

[Christian Tismer]
> After all, it is no surprize. They are right.
> If we have to change their mind in order to understand
> a basic operation, then we are wrong, not they.

Huh!  I would not have guessed that you'd give up on Stackless that easily
<wink>.

> Making it a method of the joining string now appears to be
> a hack to me. (Sorry, Tim, the idea was great in the first place)

Just the opposite here:  it looked like a hack the first time I thought of
it, but has gotten more charming with each use.  space.join(sequence) is so
pretty it aches.

redefining-truth-all-over-the-place-ly y'rs  - tim