[Python-Dev] Re: Python multiplexing is too hard (was: Network statistics program)

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 19 May 2000 18:19:20 -0700

> One thing of which I'm certain:  I do NOT like
> documentation entries that say things like
> "select() doesn't really work except under Unix"
> (still true?  Maybe that's been fixed?).

Hm, that's bogus.  It works well under Windows -- with the restriction
that it only works for sockets, but for sockets it works as well as
on Unix.  it also works well on the Mac.  I wonder where that note
came from (it's probably 6 years old :-).

Fred...?