[Python-Dev] ANNOUNCE: Python CVS tree moved to SourceForge

Mon, 22 May 2000 09:25:00 -0500 (CDT)

    Guido> If you have an existing working tree that points to the
    Guido> cvs.python.org repository, you may want to retarget it to the
    Guido> SourceForge tree.  This can be done painlessly with Greg Ward's
    Guido> cvs_chroot script:

    Guido>   http://starship.python.net/~gward/python/

I tried this with (so far) no apparent success.  I ran cvs_chroot as

    cvs_chroot :pserver:anonymous@cvs.python.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/python

It warned me about some directories that didn't match the top level
directory.  "No problem", I thought.  I figured they were for the nondist
portions of the tree.  When I tried a cvs update after logging in to the
SourceForge cvs server I got tons of messages that looked like:

    cvs update: move away dist/src/Tools/scripts/untabify.py; it is in the way
    C dist/src/Tools/scripts/untabify.py

It doesn't look like untabify.py has been hosed, but the warnings worry me.
Anyone else encounter this problem?  If so, what's its meaning?

--
Skip Montanaro, skip@mojam.com, http://www.mojam.com/, http://www.musi-cal.com/
"We have become ... the stewards of life's continuity on earth.  We did not