[Python-Dev] Updated curses module in CVS

Fred L. Drake fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 24 May 2000 19:36:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
 > There currently is no such wrapper, but there probably should be.
 > Guess I'll rename the module to _curses, and add a curses.py file.  Or
 > should there be a curses package, instead?  That would leave room for
 > more future expansion.  Guido, any opinion?

  I think a package makes sense; some of the libraries that provide widget
sets on top of ncurses would be prime candidates for inclusion.
  The structure should probably be something like:

	curses/
	    __init__.py		# from _curses import *, docstring
	    _curses.so		# current curses module

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>