[Python-Dev] C implementation of exceptions module

bwarsaw@python.org bwarsaw@python.org
Fri, 26 May 2000 13:32:02 -0400 (EDT)

    Fred> and there's ElectricFence from Bruce Perens:

    Fred> 	http://www.perens.com/FreeSoftware/

Yup, this comes with RH6.2 and is fairly easy to hook up; just link
with -lefence and go.  Running an efenced python over the whole test
suite fails miserably, but running it over just
Lib/test/test_exceptions.py has already (quickly) revealed one
refcounting bug, which I will check in to fix later today (as I move
Modules/_exceptions.c to Python/exceptions.c).

    Fred> (There's a MailMan related link there are well you might be
    Fred> interested in!)

Indeed!  I've seen Bruce contribute on the various Mailman mailing
lists.

-Barry