[Python-Dev] SIG: python-lang

Ka-Ping Yee pingster@ilm.com
Wed, 31 May 2000 11:41:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Greg Stein wrote:
> Hmm. How about this: you stated the premise is to generate proposals for
> language features, extensions, additions, whatever. If that is the only
> goal, then consider a web-based system: anybody can post a "feature" with
> a description/spec/code/whatever; each feature has threaded comments
> attached to it; the kicker: each feature has votes (+1/+0/-0/-1).

Gee, this sounds familiar.  (Hint: starts with an R and has seven
letters.)  Why are we using Jitterbug again?  Does anybody even submit
things there, and still check the Jitterbug indexes regularly?

Okay, Roundup doesn't have voting, but it does already have priorities
and colour-coded statuses, and voting would be trivial to add.

-- ?!ng