[Python-Dev] Adding LDAP to the Python core... ?!

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Wed, 31 May 2000 14:53:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     M> Would there be interest in adding the python-ldap module
>     M> (http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=2072) to the
>     M> core distribution ?
>
> I haven't looked at this stuff, but yes, I think a standard LDAP
> module would be quite useful.  It's a well enough established
> protocol, and it would be good to be able to count on it "being
> there".

My WebDAV module implements an established protocol (an RFC tends to do
that :-), but the API within the module is still in flux (IMO).

Is the LDAP module's API pretty solid? Is it changing?

And is this module a C extension, or a pure Python implementation?

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/