[Python-Dev] statically nested scopes

Greg Ewing greg@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 13:34:04 +1300 (NZDT)

Jeremy Hylton <jeremy@alum.mit.edu>:

> Seriously, I don't see how acquistion addresses the same issues at
> all.

My proposal for nested scopes was actually an acquisition-like
mechanism. The idea was to avoid unbreakable cycles by deferring
the creation of a closure from when the function is defined
to when it is used.

Guido rejected my implementation for various good reasons.
It could be modified to overcome most of those objections,
however.