[Python-Dev] Modules/makesetup loop

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:55:11 -0500 (EST)

Jeremy Hylton writes:
 > I just did a clean configure and make from the latest CVS tree.  It
 > seems to get stuck in a loop calling makesetup over and over again.

  Please do an update and run autoconf, then try again.
  I didn't check in the autoconf output; Guido thinks that we want to
stick with autoconf 2.13, and I've got 2.14.1.  The reason is that
there are enough differences in the m4 expansions that seeing the real
effects of the configure.in changes is hard, just because there are so
many changed lines which are not related to the actual change.
  (If you do have autoconf 2.13, please check in the new configure.)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Digital Creations