64-bit stuff on BSDI (was: Re: [Python-Dev] New Wiki-based Python 2.0 Info Area)

Trent Mick trentm@ActiveState.com
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 12:51:41 -0800

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 05:31:07PM +0100, Thomas Wouters wrote:
> It also reminds me that we still need to fix the erroneous conclusion by
> configure that BSDI has large file support, just because it has an off_t
> type that is 64 bit. (It does have that, it just doesn't use that in any of
> the seek/tell functions available.) Trent, you were making noises about
> looking at it, when I left for ApacheCon. Did you ever get to look at it ?

No. I was in Washington D.C. for the past week at SD 2000 (and getting
occassionally verbally abused by Tim about 64-bit stuff).

> If not, I'll see if I can figure it out ;P

I can answer questions about fixing it but you can test it, so better for you
to submit the patch.

> Once it's fixed, I think it
> should be added to CriticalPatches, but it might not be as straightforward
> as pointing to a cvsweb URL ;P

Sure. Yes, it will probably be more than one file (configure.in, configure,
and fileobject.c).  Whatever, I don't think it should be a problem to put up
the actually checkin patch rather than a link.

Thanks!
Trent

--
Trent Mick