[Python-Dev] Gathering Python 2.1 goals and non-goals

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 15:38:13 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

>  S   207  pep-0207.txt  Rich Comparisons                       Ascher
>  S   208  pep-0208.txt  Reworking the Coercion Model           Ascher

> Two of these (207, 208) haven't been written yet -- but I know roughly
> what they will contain, so they are included in this list, and not in
> the lists of vaporware PEPs later in PEP 0 (Incomplete and Empty
> PEPs).  These may be reconsidered for Python 2.1 if their authors care
> to follow the PEP guidelines.

I would _love_ to find someone to take over PEP ownership of these.  I
feel terrible that I haven't been able to find the time to do those right
(although I only feel moral ownership of 207, not 208, where others have
much more in-depth knowledge).

If someone wants to take over, please speak up and grab them.  I'll try to
find the time to share the information I have, would gladly give the very
early and now obsolete patches I wrote up.

--david