[Python-Dev] Stackless pages

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sun, 05 Nov 2000 22:48:22 -0500

> I have put up 6 pages of information about stackless at
>
> http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/stackless.html

Gordon, thanks for doing this.  I still have a review of Stackless on
my TODO list.  It takes a serious chunk of my time to do it justice,
and this continues to be a problem, but the existience of your
overview certainly helps.  I still think that the current Stackless
implementation is too complex, and that continuations aren't worth the
insanity they seem to require (or cause :-), but that microthreads and
coroutines *are* worth having and that something not completely unlike
Stackless will be one day the way to get there...