[Python-Dev] Re: Revamping Python's Numeric Model

Barry A. Warsaw barry@wooz.org
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:59:40 -0500 (EST)

    GS> Allocate yourself a PEP number and publish the darn thing. If
    GS> you don't feel comfortable grabbing a PEP number, then just
    GS> post it to the list or something.

A general rule is that meta-peps usually get assigned numbers < 100
and standards track peps just get the next free number above 200.
Pretty simple really.

However, I'm trying to encourage two things: only serious proposals
get pep'd, and peps ought to have a consistent style.  I want to avoid
approving peps for incomplete proposals (such as 207, not to purposely
pick on David).  There are enough good peps that you should largely be
able to figure out the style to use.  I can clean up any minor issues
after the fact.

I think the way Moshe did this one was fine.  He wrote it up and
posted it, and got assigned a pep number fairly quickly.

-Barry