[Python-Dev] cgi.py and huge uploads problem

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 14:09:26 -0500

>     GvR> You know, I have *no* idea why this is.  I have looked
>     GvR> through various revisions (this feature is as old as
>     GvR> cgi.py:1.8) and cannot find any use of or need for
>     GvR> self.lines!  It just gets appended to.
>
>     GvR> So I think it's safe to toss all the references to self.lines
>     GvR> and see who complains.

[Barry]
> There are two bug reports related to this in the SF database.  The
> first one was 110674, which we closed after adding the feature request
> to PEP 42.  The second is 119806, which looks fairly new, but wasn't
> submitted by Chris or Joachim.
>
> I came to the same conclusion Guido does above when I looked at 110674
> in the Python 2.0 time frame, but didn't feel comfortable making that
> change for 2.0.  I think it's correct to make the change now.
>
> I will do the following:
>
> - remove self.lines from cgi.py
> - close bug #119806
> - update pep 42
>
> Attached below is the patch.

Patch looks good.  Go for it.

Somehow when I skimmed the original bug reports I never really
understood what was going on -- thanks to Christian for pointing out
*exactly* what was the problem in words I could understand. :-)