[Python-Dev] zipfile.py and InfoZIP files

James C. Ahlstrom jim@interet.com
Tue, 07 Nov 2000 08:28:16 -0500

"M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:

> Now I get this error after working in interactive Python
> mode with zipfile:
>
> Exception exceptions.AttributeError:
> "ZipFile instance has no attribute 'fp'" in <method ZipFile.__del__ of ZipFile instance at 0x824524c> ignored

Reading the code, I don't see how this could have happened
unless __init__ has already raised an exception.

> I would like a method .copy(self, name, output) which
> reads the file name from the ZIP archive and writes it directly to
> the file-like object output. This should copy the file in chunks
> of say 64kB in order to reduce memory load.

This is only a few lines of Python, and I generally omit
any methods which are not absoultely necessary.  Does
anyone else think this should be added?

JimA