[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Demo/threads Coroutine.py,NONE,1.1 fcmp.py,NONE,1.1 squasher.py,NONE

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 13:21:39 -0500

> Hmmmm.... I always thought of the Demo directory as a repository for
> example code, which may be used to teach Python programming to
> beginners.  I know, that some pieces are a way out of date.
>
> But I think it would be a worthwile goal to update at least some of
> those pieces step by step to reflect current Python coding habits.
> The README in Demo says:
>
> """This directory contains various demonstrations of what you can do with
> Python. [...]"""
>
> If you want to turn the Demo directory into a museum of code snippets of
> historic interest, at least the README should say so. ;-)

If you want to make a proposal for reorganizing the Demo directory,
please do so.  There are more important problems with the Demo
directlry than the fact that some code still uses string exceptions.
Please don't start fixing the small nits without seeing the big
picture.

(That's all I have time for now.)