[Python-Dev] [Python-Help] Driver?????

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 00:30:20 +0100

Martin von Loewis wrote:

> > My name is Kelli Collins, and I work for the Data Management Team at
> > IBM.  I am currently working with a customer that is considering
> > using DB2 as their database software, and has asked me to see if I
> > can locate a driver for Python and DB2...... can you tell if one
> > exists??????

FYI, the next version of mxODBC will support DB/2 on all
platforms. It won't be freeware anymore, but in return you'll
get better support for Unicode and other ODBC 3.5 features.

The next round of mx.Modules will be published in the first
quarter of 2001. Until then you can use the existing mxODBC 1.1.1
which will work nicely on Windows and with some effort on Unix
for DB/2 too -- it'll give you a consistent interface to rely
on fo Windows and all supported Unix platforms.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg