[Python-Dev] Starship, Python.org, etc.

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 20:55:13 +0100

Christian Tismer wrote:

[This trick got me started again... thanks.]
> BTW, you might have ssh access via port 10022, at least
> for me this works just fine:
>
> ssh -v -l pirx -p 10022 starship.python.net
>
> Marc, you are the first Starship user! If you leave,
> I consider the project dead. Please don't.

Sorry, Christian, but things got so much out of hand
lately, that I think a new site for my stuff will make
my users happier.

With the help of Andrew I have added redirects for all
my files on starship to the new site, so the move should
be painless (the old URLs will continue to work). I'm
sort of a virtual starship user now ;-)

Anyway, starship is not dead -- it has been a great
community site for the past three years and I hope that
it will now regain the status it had until early this
year when things started to go wrong due to the various
well-known problems.

Let's take this relaunch as a chance to get things moving
again. I'd suggest to restart providing everybody in the Python
community should with an account on the server to host Python
software in return for the annual fee (what was the PSA-membership
fee until recently). This should by the sysadmins enough
pizza to keep the server running for a looong time ;-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg