[Python-Dev] Greg Stein in Bug Assignments?

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 04:34:44 -0800

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 01:31:34PM +0200, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> I've looked at the people bugs can be assigned to, and Greg Stein is
> missing. Is this purposeful or just an oversight?
>
> Specifically, bug 123045 seems to be a two-second fix, but I'd rather Greg
> would look at it -- it's his code originally, so maybe he does not think
> it's a bug.

Probably an oversight. I've had bugs assigned before, but a month or so ago
I accidentally removed myself from the Python project (damn trash can on the
"my" page is located in a horrible place, with no conformation). Tim put me
back, but there is probably a magic switch somewhere to enable bug
assignments.

I'm going to mail Roy Fielding to see if servers or clients are allowed to
send lower-cased HTTP version strings. Looking at the Apache code, it will
assume HTTP/1.0 if a client sends a lower-cased version. I'm suspicious that
the RFC didn't clarify the case-sensitivity on that string (yes, the bug
submitter is correct that the RFC allows a lower-cased version, but that
just seems wrong/mis-intended).

In any case... pending the input from Roy, I'll deal with the bug.

But one of the SF Python Admins will need to enable my bug db privs to work
on that bug properly.

Cheers,
-g

--