[Python-Dev] Re: [Bug #121013] Bug in <stringobject>.join(<unicodestring>)

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:31:43 +0100

> Date: 2000-Nov-27 10:12
> By: mwh
>
> Comment:
> I hope you're all suitably embarrassed - please see patch #102548 for the trivial fix...

Hehe, that was indeed a trivial patch. What was that about trees
in a forest...

I still think that the PySequence_Fast_GETITEM() macro should at
least include a fall-back type check which causes some exception in
case the used object was not "fixed" using PySequence_Fast() (which
I only noticed in string_join() just now).

Fredrik's PySequence_Fast_* APIs look interesting, BTW. Should be
used more often :-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg