[Python-Dev] Re: [Bug #121013] Bug in <stringobject>.join(<unicodestring>)

Michael Hudson mwh21@cam.ac.uk
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:42:10 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> Jeremy wrote:
>
> > test_unicodedata is failing for me on Linux.  Fredrik, you made a
> > change on Nov. 3 that changed test/output/test_unicodedata but not
> > test/test_unicodedata.pu.  Did you verify that the test suite worked
> > then?
>
> I added 38,000 missing characters to the unicode database.
> that didn't change the test, only the test output...
>
> the november 3 checkin included the following files:
>
>     Lib/test/output/test_unicodedata
>     Modules/unicodedata_db.h
>     Objects/unicodetype_db.h
>     Tools/unicode/makeunicodedata.py
>
> :::
>
> hmm.  looks like the makefile dependencies haven't been
> updated (is this done by hand on Unix???)

I think so.  I've done a complete rebuild and the test now passes (I was
sure I'd done one of those more recently than Nov 3...).  So, false alarm,
sorry.

Cheers,
M.