[Python-Dev] What is --with-next-framework

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@trump.amber.org
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 13:56:03 -0400

Guido van Rossum [guido@python.org] wrote:
> [Argument for the continued viability of OpenStep noted.]
>
> > I think it should be auto-detected, there's just no reason not to.
> > The uname of a MacOS X box is quite different than a Mac OX 9 box
> > (which has no uname :-).  Hopefully we can get a chance to look at
> > this at work this week.
>
> Hm...  That might not get there in time for the 2.0 Release Candidate,
> and after that it's an absolute code freeze (with exceptions only for
> showstopper bugfixes) until 2.0 is released.
>
> I guess MacOS X itself is still in beta, so we can afford to require
> the creation of additional patches to fully support it after 2.0 is
> released.

MacOS X is in beta until Q1 (and I'd bet the END of Q1), so if there's
a 2.1 planned sometime around there, which I believe there is, then
it'd be fine to roll it into that level in my opinion.

Chris