[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Modules readline.c,2.32,2.33

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 02 Oct 2000 15:09:32 -0500

> But we can detect whether readline has rl_library_version during runtime,
> and #ifdef it ;) I think the readline version info is useful enough to
> warrant the extra #define and #ifdef... I can whip it up tonight, if the
> autoconf check is desired ;P

Actually, I'm not sure what difference the readline version makes --
why would you need it?

Also, I'm not sure that the configure check is enough -- it's possible
that readline lives in a non-standard place where configure can't find
it but ppointed to by the Setup file.

I think it's just not worth it.

Please don't.