[Python-Dev] linuxaudiodev module

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 18:28:57 -0400 (EDT)

  >> On my machine it still sounds awful, but at least the sound can
  >> be heard.

  KPY> It should not sound awful.  If it sounds too loud and scratchy,
  KPY> then maybe you need to use audioop to convert from Sun .au
  KPY> (ulaw) to raw samples first.  This was the case with the
  KPY> Spanish inquisition clip.

I don't think I know how to do that.  I tried using sox to convert
audiotest.au to audiotest.raw and it sounded just as bad on my
machine.  Perhaps I have my machine configured incorrectly, although
CDs and Real Audio sound fine.

Have you tried the new code, BTW?  Does the test work on your machine?

Jeremy