[Python-Dev] test_StringIO broken

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 00:58:19 +0200

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 06:59:41PM -0400, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> Also, the last messsage I see printed is:
> Failed to catch ValueError writing to closed StringIO.

> This ain't a case of forgetting to generate new output.  This is just
> plain wrong.

Hm, are you sure you re-built your modules before doing that ? The output
looks okay on my linux box, in any case. The last message is 'Caught
expected ValueError writing to closed StringIO: I/O operation on closed
file', for me. If you recompiled cStringIO, something odd is going on ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>